Write a journal entry for this meme with six random facts about yourself.
Then pick six people from your friends list and tag them - no tag backs.
These rules should be included in your entry.
1. I am very sentimental.
2. My favorite sandwich is hot pastrami with lettuce and tomato -- no mustard or anything else, just pastrami, tomato and lettuce on a roll or other sturdy bread.
3. I like to do needlework, especially cross-stitch, needlepoint and crochet.
4. I planted all the fruit trees in my garden, either by myself or with my father's help when I was a child and too little to handle a shovel. Some of these trees are now as tall as the house.
5. I learned to speak German from some World War II military phrasebooks my mother had in our library. They had cartoons to help the soldiers learn and that made it easy for me too. After my parents discovered this, they enrolled me in the Deutsche-Amerikaner Schulverein. These phrasebooks also taught me my first words in Dutch, Chinese, Japanese and Norwegian.
6. My favorite game is backgammon and I like to play the three Mediterranean variants one right after another (Gates, Prisoner and Escape) as a set of games. I also like Acey Deucey, but I refuse to use the doubling cube, since I associate its use with gambling.
I'm not tagging anyone, but I do hope some of the folks on my Friends list decide to do this meme, so I can learn more about them.