Go to Wikipedia and look up your birthday (excluding the year). List three facts, two births and one death in your journal, including the year.
On my birthday . . .
* 1492 - Spain and Christopher Columbus sign a contract for him to sail to Asia to get spices.
* 1521 - Martin Luther speaks to the assembly at the Diet of Worms, refusing to recant his teachings.
* 1961 - Bay of Pigs Invasion: A group of CIA-financed and -trained Cuban refugees lands at the Bay of Pigs in Cuba with the aim of ousting Fidel Castro.
* 1837 - J.P. Morgan, American financier, art collector, and philanthropist (d. 1913)
* 1954 - "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (Roderick Toombs), Canadian professional wrestler and actor
* 1790 - Benjamin Franklin, American politician, inventor, diplomat, and printer (b. 1706)
Seems as though I ended up being born on a fairly significant day in history. The discovery of America, the start of the Reformation, the botched invasion of Cuba, the death of a Founding Father, the birth of a important financier . . . all linked to my natal day.
And the birth too of a favorite pro-wrestling star from my childhood, who I've had the pleasure of meeting in person and who is quite charming.
It is also the feast day of the British saint Stephen Harding, one of the founders of the Cistercian Order.
The most personally-significant thing, though, was the Bay of Pigs fiasco, since I'm part Cuban.