|08:31 pm - I have an adventurous palate . . .|
I bumbled into a food meme while surfing LJ.
Top 50 Things Everyone Should Try A Bite Of In Their Lifetime
Bold the ones you've eaten. Italicize the ones you dislike.
01. Alligator -- I found it a bit rubbery, but the taste was OK
02. American diner breakfast
03. Australian meat pie
08. Cheesecake -- I live near a cheesecake factory :)
09. Chinese food
11. Clam chowder (Manhattan style) -- I prefer New England style, though
12. Cornish Pasty
14. Cream tea
16. Durian fruit
17. Fresh fish -- one of my favorite Chinese restaurants lets you pick out the fish you want to eat from their aquarium. A few minutes later you're munching on it. Fish doesn't get much fresher than that!!
18. Greek food
19. Guinea pig -- had this when I went to Peru, in the city of Cuzco
20. Haggis -- a favorite of mine!! Bobbie Burns birthday parties wouldn't be proper celebrations without it!!! Plus I'm part Scot -- liking haggis comes with the gene pool ;)
21. Ice cream
22. Jerk chicken/pork
25. Lamb Kebab
28. Mexican food -- NOT Tex-Mex!! The real deal! One of the advantages of living in Spanish Harlem was getting to eat real Mexican food, like chicken with mole sauce
29. Moreton Bay Bugs
31. Octopus -- one of my favorite dishes is arroz con pulpo in su tinta :)
40. Roast beef
44. Shark -- a favorite fish of mine -- mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm . . .
49. Thai food
50. Venison -- one of my cousins was a hunter & had his own hunting grounds in upstate NY
One of the great things about living in New York is all the restaurants featuring the best of the world's cuisines. I also think that one of the best parts of traveling is eating foods that you've never had before -- you never know when you'll bumble into a new favorite food. I did that with dragonfruit when I was in Saigon -- not easy to find here though, even in Asian marketplaces. :(
Current Mood: hungry
Current Music: "Give Him Cornbread" by Beau Jocque & the Zydeco Hi-Rollers