May 12th, 2005
Gakked from burnstr2:
1. To Trek or not to Trek?
2. Best incarnation of Trek?
The Original Series -- hands down!! Second best -- Voyager
3. Favorite incarnation of Trek?
The Original Series -- hands down!! Second favorite -- Voyager
4. Fuck Trek, favorite sci-fi series?
Outer Limits, Twilight Zone, Battlestar Galactica (the 1970s original), Alien Nation and Dr. Who (esp. the Tom Baker years)
5. Who's cooler -- John Crichton or Will Riker?
Neither are cool, IMO, but of the two, Riker -- it's the beard.
6. Favorite space battle in a tv series?
Battlestar Galactica (original series) -- particularly in the series opener
7. In a movie?
Various battles in Starship Troopers -- also almost any Star Wars space battle
8. Quick, gimme a Dune quote!
The Litany Against Fear
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
9. Favorite security chief/officer in any show.
Spock (he did security a LOT!)
10. Name someone from Betazed
11. Who's the hotter Vulcan, Tuvok or Spock?
Spock -- hands down!!
12. Aeryn Sun and her pulse rifle versus Worf and a phaser rifle. Who wins?
13. What should one look out for on Z'ha'dum?
14. Which is more epic, war on B5 or war on DS9?
15. Who's the bigger self-absorbed bastard, Rygel or Londo Mollari?
Tough call -- Rygel
16. What is Roy Batty?
An android (with a VERY limited useful life)
17. Which droid would you want in a pinch -- Twiki, R2D2, or Vincent?
Of the choices given, R2D2. But I'd really like Marvin the Paranoid Android more -- or at least C3PO
18. Ah, The Matrix and Cyberfi. Which incarnation of The Matrix is your favorite?
19. What classic sci-fi book do you wish they'd make a film out of?
A Canticle for Leibowitz
20. You're dying, who do you trust most to save your life -- Dr. McCoy, Dr. Crusher, the EMH, Zhaan, or Dr. Franklin?
Dr. McCoy. Second choice -- the EMH
21. Who scares you more -- the Borg or the Shadows?
22. Your favorite cult sci-fi movie
The Fifth Element
23. Favorite sci-fi ship
The Galactica (original BSG series)
24. You've got money to blow and a weekend to kill. A trip to Babylon 5 or DS9?
Current Mood: geeky
Current Music: "Far Beyond The Sun" by Yngwie Malmsteen
I have responded to this meme at my LJ.
An issue I have with the questions of this meme is the implied familiarity with fairly recent sci-fi series on television, many of which are inaccessible to those who don't have cable TV. Implicit in this is knowledge of Babylon 5 and Farscape, which I only have a bit of familiarity with, mostly from having seen some episodes on DVD. I had to do some web searches to even UNDERSTAND some of what was being refered to in the questions! :-/ GRUMP!!
And there was little reference to literary SF too -- DOUBLE GRUMP!! There's more to science fiction than just TV and movies . . .
You are quite correct. Therefore, it is your mission, since you took an interest, to provide the same sort of questions that will highlight written SF. good Luck Persephone!! I look forward to answering your list of questions.