April 3rd, 2007
|12:49 pm - K is for Kewl|
shiv5468 gave me the letter K for this meme:
Leave a comment and I'll give you a letter; then you have to list 10 things you like starting with that letter. Post them in your journal and give out new letters to your commenters in turn. NO TAGBACKS ALLOWED, unless a commenter specifically requests to be given a letter!
Here are my answers, in alphabetical order:
1. Tom Kidd's artwork -- he's one of my favorite fantasy artists and my default icon (the one for this post) is a small version of his picture "Persephone's Magic"
2. Kielbasa -- it's my "default meat" when cooking. If I need to add meat to a soup or stew, I slice up a kielbasa. If I'm making an egg breakfast, I fry sliced kielbasa instead of bacon or other breakfast meats. It's great eaten as a hot-dog as well as when chopped up and added to homemade fried rice. Tasty, inexpensive and easily available at any grocery store in my area -- the perfect ingredient for a frugal carnivore!
3. Men in kilts -- it comes with the genepool. Really.
4. Kippers -- a favorite snack to eat by themselves or over assorted lettuces in salads.
5. James Tiberius Kirk -- he'll always be The One True Captain of the Enterprise, in my book. All the others were but pale imitations of this loveable scamp.
6. Kitties -- I have 3 presently and have had as many as five at the same time in the past. I've had a cat in my life since I was a small child. I can't imagine living without at least one purrball around.
7. Knickerbockers -- an old word to refer to New Yorkers, from when the city was Dutch territory. I love living in this city that has been my home from the moment I was born and I love the people who live here.
8. Kore -- another name for the goddess Persephone. For obvious reasons.
9. Fritz Kreisler -- a favorite composer and performer from childhood on. He inspired my love of playing the violin with music like "Caprice Viennois", "Liebesfreud" and "Liebesleid"
10. Kumquats -- I utterly adore these small citrus fruits, whether fresh or preserved. I've grown them too -- there's nothing quite like popping one you've grown yourself into your mouth and savouring the tart bite of it. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm . . .
Now, who'd like some alphabet soup?
Current Mood: geeky
Current Music: "Kissell's Reel" by Charivari
How about an L, for "lemming"? ;)
It's a pork (or pork-and-beef) sausage stuffed into a natural casing -- here's the Wikipedia article on it
. I'd give you links to recipes too, but I doubt you'd use them, since you're a virtuous vegetarian, if I remember correctly, unlike my confirmed carnivorous self.
You get M for this MeMe. ;)
I was thinking about you this weekend when we were drinking this
Had it mixed with club soda and simple syrup ... It was really good! :)
If it has pomegranate in it, it has to be good . . .
How about P for "pom" then? ;)