|11:38 pm - Time to sit on Santa's lap . . .|
Gakked from innerslytherin and rakina:
- Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
I put off posting this until December started, because for me that is when the holiday season starts, not earlier. Here's my list, in no particular order of importance:
1. Something from my Amazon.com wishlist or an Amazon.com email gift certificate (a Barnes & Noble gift card or email gift certificate is fine too)
2. A Wayside Gardens email gift certificate (This is my favorite company to get plants from)
3. A Coldwater Creek email gift certificate (I love their clothes and the clearance dress prices are wonderful!) or something from the Coldwater Creek section of my Amazon.com wishlist (if that Amazon sub-shop is working, that is -- it seems to be out at the moment but was fine a few days ago when I added the items)
4. A subscription to Tea Time (or a subscription to Southern Lady, since I like the recipes in both these magazines very much)
5. A sterling silver rune ring from the Literacy Site, which also funds a book for a child from a low-income family (I think my ring size is 7 -- I had it measured for my college ring and I don't expect my fingers have changed that much over the years)
6. An AMC Loews gift card (They are the only movie theater chain near me)
7. Harry Potter fanfiction starring Severus Snape, preferably Severus/Minerva, Severus/Minerva/Remus or Severus/Narcissa/Lucius. (Severus/Minerva/Remus is really hard to find!) Romantic is fine, gen (i.e. no porn) is fine, love triangles are fine, threesomes are fine -- and I love Severus-snark!!! If someone writes only slash, I prefer Severus/Draco, but Severus/Remus and Severus/Harry are OK too, as is Severus/Draco/Harry. (I like Draco much more than Harry, just like Severus does in the books.) And I like (eventual) happy endings -- I don't mind some angst along the way, so long as everyone is happy by the time the story is done. :)
8. Harry Potter fanfiction starring Severus Snape in the role of Daddy!Snape -- i.e. as a parental figure, acting as a stern yet nurturing guardian to Harry or his nest of little serpents in his role as Head of Slytherin. Exhibition of sardonic humor in the face of the chaos children can bring about is a plus, as is showing his silly side, which I'm sure he has, having to deal with children as young as eleven.
9. A butler, preferably British and snarky. Even better if he can be sardonic while being sublimely silly. :)
In case anyone decides to send me an e-gift certificate, if you don't already have one of the email addresses I prefer my friends use or you can't remember/find it, you can use my public email address -- TheEntwife AT yahoo.com.
Current Mood: hopeful
Current Music: "Hail the Holly King" by Inkubus Sukkubus